If you look back far enough into the archives of this blog you will notice that I used to be subscribed to glossy box, some of you may even have previously read these post (if you did I automatically love you). I always said that I enjoyed being subscribed to glossy box but I hated the fact that some months the box was great and totally worth the money where as other months the box would be rubbish but you had no way of skipping unless you unsubscribed which in the end I did end up doing.
After a long while "subscription box free" I have finally found a company which allows me to get everything I want out of a subscription service.
This company is Latest in Beauty. Latest in Beauty or LIB is a beauty box company but you don't have to subscribe you simply buy the boxes you like the look of. Basically it saves you from having to pay for boxes you don't want. I'll admit it does slightly take the surprise element out of the boxes but I personally think this is a much better way around it.
On the LIB website they have a range of what they call "collections". These are various themed boxes and the array really does make sure there is a box for everyone and they are constantly updating these collections. As well as this you can "build your own box" from their online collection of products. The price you pay is always less than what the products are worth so it really is a win win.
Also as a Uni student I couldn't commit to a subscription service so this way if I have some spare money and want a certain box then I can buy one and if not then I don't have to worry about cancelling things before the money leaves my bank (great for lazy people like myself).
So because of this I was a teeny bit naughty and decided to buy the "capital beauty box" and then build my own box as well. And well it'd just be rude for me to buy stuff and not show you guys (in my head this was justification for buying all this stuff) so heres my unboxing/haul from LIB.
|My 2 boxes, unopened|
|Scale of the box|
First thing to notice is the sleek black boxes which make it look really professional and classy, that said I was quite taken a back by the scale of the boxes to what I imagined then again it did all fit so I can't really complain.
|The inside on my own made box|
My second product was a set of 3 invisibobles. These claim to be traceless bobbles that leave no kinks etc in your hair etc etc. These cost me £2 and for a set of 3 I think that is very reasonable. I am yet to try them out and see if they actually work but I'd seen a lot of versions on the market and thought it was about time I tried them out.
My third and final product from this box was a set of 5 lipstick sample sachets from Charlotte Tilbury. When I saw these on the website I was so intrigued by them that I had to have them especially as they were only £1. I had never seen sample lipstick in sachet form before and thought it'd also be a good way to try out a couple of Charlotte Tilbury shades without having to splash the cash. The smell of this lipstick is amazing and the colours are really wearable.
My second Box was the capital FM beauty box which contained 9 items and the box cost £14.95 which if you average it out makes each product £1.66 which if you ask me is an absolute bargain.
|Tissue Wrapped Box|
|The products in the box|
|Product Card that came with the products|
The 9 products in the box were:
1) a Jimmy Choo Flash Perfume Sample (2ml sample worth £1.23, full size costs £61.50 for 100ml). Firstly This smells so so nice its quite a strong scent and definitely a night time one but I love it. It lasts on the skin for ages and is just a bit different. Normally I have a massive vendetta against perfume samples however I really like that firstly this is a spray bottle, secondly that it allows you to try a pretty expensive perfume at very low cost and thirdly is a great size for putting in your bag for a spritz on the go.
2) A 4 sided nail buffer (worth about £2.00) This product is pretty simple and possibly my least product in the box. That said I do think its a nice addition and a good product to have in your kit. I like that it has the 4 sides so you can file, smooth, buff and polish your nails rather than just file them.
3) Metallic flash tattoos (worth around £2.00) This product could not have come at a better time. I am just about to finish my exams and am going to Parklike Music festival on the 6th/7th June so these will definitely get used. They are super fun for summer and add a bit more pazzaz to an outfit. In this box you have also got a good range of patterns to use.
4) Collection Lengthening Mascara (full size worth £3.99) Like it says on the packaging this mascara is definitely lengthening. I mean is it the best mascara I've tried... no but for £3.99 its decent and is a really great option for anyone who may just be starting their collection or for anyone on a tight budget.
5) Rimmel Rita Ora Nail Polish in Oragina (full size worth £2.99)
I have been eyeing up this collection of nail polishes for a while now so when I found out that one came in this box I was very excited. This colour is a gorgeous coral colour which is perfect for summer and is also part of the 60 second dry range so is great for anyone like me who is very impatient when it comes to letting their nails dry properly. All the names of the shades are themed around festivals such as festival blue and peachella (coachella) and at £2.99 a bottle I am definitely tempted to check out the other colours in the range.
6) Eyes Uncovered nude bronze palette from collection (full size worth £3.99) I am so so impressed with this palette the shades swatch amazingly and are all really lovely wearable broke/nude shades. They all have a metallic/shimmer finish but there is not a weak shade in the palette at all. They aren't too chalky and you get a good range so you could create a fair few eye looks. I think the packaging is pretty cheap but I guess for the price your not exactly expecting much. As well I think this wold be a great travel option as its not that big but you could still create a few day and a few night eye looks with it whilst staying fairly neutral.
7) Burts Bees Lip Shimmer in Watermelon (full size worth £5.99) I have always been a big fan of Burts Bees as a brand because all their products are 100% natural and are really great quality. This particular product gives you a slight wash of shimmery colour to the lips as well as plumping your lips so if you don't like that tingly sensation some lip products give you then this may not be the product for you. Again I think its a good size for travel and is a really nice addition to this box.
8) Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner in black amethyst (full size worth £13.00) Stila is very well known as being a high end brand so getting a £13 eyeliner in this box is amazing because it practically covers the cost of the box on its own. I love the shade of this because its got a slight purple tint but is still very wearable. You can wear it as an eyeliner or smudge it out to create an eye look so is very versatile. Unfortunately when I received mine it was broken so I emailed customer services and they are in the process of sending me a replacement but other than that very happy with this product.
9) Pixi Lip Blush in Youth (full size worth £12.50) As a makeup lover one of the first things I do with lip products is smell them and Oh WOW does this smell amazing. I love the shade of this and it does literally stain your lips because it took me ages to get the swatch off my hand. The colour is lovely for summer and the application couldn't be easier because you literally can just draw on your lips. I think the packaging is super cute and another high end brand which is really great to see in the box.
|Swatches top to bottom: |
Stila smudge stick smudged out,
Stila Smudge stick swatch,
Burts Bees Lip Swatch and Pixi
Lip Blush Swatch
If any of you want to buy this box or check out any other collections you can at this link here
Until next time