So it's official that I have successfully passed my second year of university and to celebrate the end of my second year at University I thought I would share with you 10 of my second Year highlights.
1) When I was given the chance to dress as Tinkerbell: My first Pangaea of second year was Neverland themed which a) gave me a chance to dress up as one of my favourite disney characters and b) Pangaeas have never failed to impress me especially as this one had Example as the headline act. I spent the evening with my amazing house and loved every second.
2) Just my amazing 2 Brailsford Family in general. This is about to get soppy so I do apologize but honestly these guys have been my absolute rocks throughout 2nd year and couldn't have done it without them. Anyone who has been to Uni may sympathise with me that the friends you make at Uni really are your life long friends and that is certainly true for these 3.
3) The time we had a non christmas, christmas. First things first, I flipping love christmas as it is so that time of year I generally am a very happy and smiley being. However the chance to hold our own Christmas was something new to me we had one of the best Christmas dinners I have ever tried and as we were gifted 2L of vodka from our landlords the whole day was very merry indeed.
4) The Birmingham clothes show. Why I had never been to this event before is a mystery to me but everything about it I loved. I loved the seminar we went to as I found it so inspirational to hear from real industry professionals. I loved the shopping (perhaps a little too much) and I loved the end fashion show. To summarise I loved the whole thing and what made it even more enjoyable was the fact that myself and my friend Thea organised the trip and to see it go off without a hitch made the day very successful indeed.
5) When I realised I am one of the luckiest girls in the world. Again back to the soppiness but this year one of my amazing chummies from home Emma came to visit and I realised just how lucky I am to have her. She is always there for me and no matter how long I go without speaking to her the minute I see her we pick up exactly where we left off.
6) My 5th Pangaea. You probably get the picture but I just love Pangaeas and the fact that I am yet to miss one has got to say something. My 5th Pangaea was so fun as I got to be Mario for the evening next to my parter in crime Luigi and 2 rubix cubes. Once again the evening did not disappoint and I got to see Katy B at this Pangaea another artist I enjoy. I also really enjoyed the silent disco and there was even a spotify dj there playing our favourite playlist- totally tropical house.
8) The MatSoc Ball. As MatSoc Treasurer I was a huge part of planning the end of year ball. It was Gatsby themed and everything went really well and it was just amazing to see that I with help from others had the ability to pull off such a large scale event. Myself and my fashion friends had a great evening and by the sounds of things so did everyone else that attended.
9) Parklife round 2. I went to Parklike last year but it was all a bit new and intense last year so this year I went knowing exactly what I was doing, what my game plan was and I had the best time. I got to see loads of amazing acts and had a really lovely time with my housemates. I think my highlight had to be Major Lazer on the sunday as they truly put on an incredible show and we were so close to the front that I really felt a part of it.
10) And finally has got to be Madrid. This was the first time I had been on holiday abroad without my family so it was a pretty big deal but I had an amazing time. I particularly enjoyed the Palace as I loved the ornateness of it all and I also really enjoyed the chance to go to a sephora.
So those were my top 10 highlights of year 2. I really did have an amazing year and even though it had a lot of ups and downs I wouldn't of changed it for the world. I still do not know what the next year holds but promise I will be taking you along every step of the way.
Until next time...