Autumn in my eyes has well and truly arrived so to celebrate one of my favourite seasons of the year finally being upon us I thought I'd share with you my top 5 reasons to love the fall.
1. Lets start with the obvious. Autumn is obviously the time where all the leaves turn that gorgeous burnt orange shade which first and foremost is just beautiful to look at. It's also the time where the air gets a little bit crisper and to me it is just quite refreshing.
2. Autumn obviously means the arrival of top notch telly. As the nights start drawing in, I suddenly find myself staying in more and more but don't even mind. Programmes amongst the likes of Strictly, The X Factor, The Apprentice, The Great British Bake Off and much much more return and make for the perfect cosy night in.
3. Obviously as a fashion student I have to mention autumnal fashion trends that just make this time of year that bit more exciting. Berry lips come back (which if you didn't know I frickin' love berry lips), Tartan scarves return, faux fur starts appearing again and most importantly (in my eyes anyway) BOOTS! I have a ridiculous number of boots and love it when it hits autumn as they all finally get to be taken out of storage and worn again.
4. I wouldn't be being true to myself if I didn't mention the food and drinks that make fall fall. Lets get the elephant in the room out of the way and talk about pumpkins. I love pumpkins because I think they just look so autumnal and festive but surprisingly not a fan of pumpkin spice lattes. To me autumn is the time for hot chocolates, chai lattes, apple pies, toasted marshmallows, toffee apples and so much more yummy treats (all be it none of these are actually that good for you).
5. Autumn means its that much nearer to events like Halloween, Bonfire Night and the piece de resistance CHRISTMAS! I am a christmas nutter so for me Autumn marks the start of the pre christmas build up where basically I just get really excited and most likely drive a few christmas scrooges a little bit crazy (sorry not sorry).
So those were my top 5 reasons for loving autumn. Please leave your reasons for loving the fall in the comments below and I will speak to you all again next week.
Until next time...